Inquiries and applications should be emailed to email@example.com or addressed to:
North Penn Legal Services
25 West Third St., Ste. 400
Williamsport, PA 17701
Contact by email is preferable.
North Penn Legal Services (NPLS); is a non-profit, 501(c)3 corporation funded in large part by the Legal Services Corporation, Interest on Lawyer Trust Accounts and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to provide free legal help to low income persons. North Penn Legal Services is staffed by 32 attorneys and 12 paralegals working out of nine offices. Advocates provide representation on a broad range of civil matters including custody, housing, SSI, bankruptcy, consumer and protection from abuse. In addition to direct representation, clients are also helped through telephone advice, pro bono and Judicare attorneys, pro se packets and self-help clinics.
North Penn Legal Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer, which employs and promotes without regard to color, sex, race, religion, disability, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other consideration prohibited by law. All qualified candidates within these categories are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants who are current recipients of Public Assistance are also encouraged to apply. Inquiries and applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or addressed to HR Manager, North Penn Legal Services, 25 W. Third St., Suite 400, Williamsport, PA 17701. Include a cover letter with your resume and kindly include the listing reference code that appears at the end of the position description. Applications are generally accepted until the position is filled. North Penn offers a competitive fringe benefits package. Salary DOE.
NPLS requires that all candidates submit a cover letter with their resume. The purpose of the cover letter is for the candidate to make a connection between their credentials and the job announcement. We are interested in candidates who have a connection to our work and our communities. It is helpful to our screening process to evaluate this connection prior to an interview. Candidates who fail to send a cover letter will be eliminated prior to initial screening.
CURRENT OPENINGS: WE CURRENTLY HAVE OPENINGS IN PITTSTON.
Grants and Communications Manager
This administrative position reports to the Executive Director and manages much of the grant funding for the work of North Penn Legal Services, coordinates communications and public relations, manages donor records, website maintenance, and assists in some grant research/writing. This individual must have excellent communication skills and an ability to work within different databases and social media. The individual must be knowledgeable and articulate and be able to successfully communicate the importance of NPLS’ mission to a diverse audience in written and spoken form.
- Primary duties will include grants administration, publications, website maintenance, data base management, research and grant writing, and public relations planning.
- Desire applicants with minimum of three years’ experience in grants writing, fundraising and/or public relations.
- BS or BA degree in communications, marketing or related field, preferred.
- Targeting individuals with minimum of three years’ experience.
- Require advanced experience with Microsoft office products.
- Prior experience with donor database software helpful.
- Need a proactive, independent and team-oriented work style and ability.
- Inter-county travel.
- Job location in one of major NPLS offices: Pittston, Bethlehem or Williamsport
- Salary DOE, approx. $40,000 - $50,000
- Competitive fringe benefits including generous paid leave, health insurance and 401(k) plan.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development through local, state and national trainings. § Cover letter required with resume. Reply via email to email@example.com (preferable) or to HR Manager, North Penn Legal Services, 25 West Third St., Ste. 400, Williamsport, PA 17701
Ref. Grants/Communications Manager § Additional NPLS information at www.northpennlegal.org
August 18, 2017
Staff Attorney –Pittston Office
· Attorney will represent clients in variety of civil cases including child custody, landlord-tenant, public housing and consumer issues.
· Preference for attorneys who have a demonstrated commitment to public interest work.
· Attorneys bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
· Applicants will be evaluated on their oral, writing and advocacy skills as well as prior experience.
· PA Bar or by admission required.
· Inter-county travel.
· Desire applicants with one to five years in practice. Salary DOE, approx. $41,200 – $46,000
· Competitive fringe benefits including generous paid leave, health insurance and 401(k) plan.
· Frequent opportunities for professional growth and development through local, state and national trainings.
· Access to loan repayment assistance programs.
· Include cover letter and writing sample with your inquiry. Reply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferable) or to HR Manager, North Penn Legal Services, 25 West Third St., Ste. 400, Williamsport, PA 17701
If you are the recipient of a one or two-year fellowship, please contact NPLS' Executive Director Vicki Coyle at email@example.com. We will determine if there is an opportunity at one of our local offices that meets your needs.