Do You Need Legal Help?
To begin receiving legal services, please call us at 1-877-9-LEGAL-0
(1-877-953-4250). The hours are listed below. Please have your paperwork
ready when you call us.
- Monday 9:00 - 11:30 AM and 1:30 - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 - 11:30 AM and 1:30 - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 - 11:30 AM and 1:30 - 4:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 - 11:30 AM and 1:30 - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 - 11:30 AM
To find a private attorney if NPLS cannot assist you, visit Finding a Lawyer
In an emergency when our intake line is closed, check the office hours and phone number for your local NPLS office.
Once you contact us, here's what happens:
- First we’ll ask you to tell us a little bit about your problem so that we know whether your problem is something we are able help you with.
- We will ask for your name and the names of others involved in your legal matter to see if we can provide assistance without any a conflict of interest.
- Then we’ll ask about your household finances to check that you are financially
eligible for our services.
- We’ll then return to your problem and ask for the basic facts.
Your request will be reviewed promptly by a staff advocate and we will:
- Give you advice or brief services by telephone; or
- Schedule an appointment with a staff attorney or paralegal; or
- Refer you to a volunteer attorney.
If we cannot assist you, we’ll refer you to other alternatives services:
Contact us for office hours and phone numbers, or locate an office near you.